#ThinkBeforeYouGo: The training and handling techniques used to train wild animals to walk alongside humans are frequently harmful to the animals involved.
Why avoid walking with predators or elephants?
- The animals don’t have freedom of choice
- There is unnecessary hands-on training and handling involved
- The animals are forced to exhibit unnatural behaviour
- It serves no educational value
- It serves no conservation value
If you are considering walking with wild animals such as elephants, lions and cheetahs – don’t.
It is an unnatural activity for these animals and many are forced to go through intense and often cruel training to learn to behave around paying tourists and volunteers.